April 12, 2010

Yoga + Modeling in JTree




Last month I was given the honor of being a model for an upcoming national ad campaign by lululemon athletica. I had one of the best weeks of my life!

It started off with an afternoon flight from JFK New York to Palm Springs. The Chase Jarvis photo crew were all staying at the new and fun Ace Hotel. The hotel and it's '50's cool decor inspired all of the feelings Palm Springs should - relaxed, swanky and fun. I arrived at the hotel around midnight, just in time to catch a few zzz's before my 3am call.

After drinking coffee and doing wardrobe/makeup we drove to Joshua Tree, arriving at approximately 5 in the morning. The sun wasn't up yet, but the light was already beautiful, bouncing off of the granite rock and joshua trees that surrounded us.

My shot was of camel pose, an incredibly deep back bend. It was 32 degrees outside when we took the first shots... soon clouds rolled in and we were in the midst of the most gorgeous sunrise I have ever seen. And then... it began snowing. Yes, Joshua Tree - at sunrise - in the snow. I will never forget the experience.

We continued to shoot for two more hours after the clouds cleared away. I figure I was in camel pose for a solid 45 minutes!!! As you can imagine - my heart was wide open!

This picture is of me being held and kept warm by the crew, my new friends. Life is made up of experiences like this one. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity. lululemon athletica has enriched my life in innumerable ways, but this was one of the most exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment